Keeping your pipes clean will help prevent these issues and save you time, money, and effort.
Why Is Drain Cleaning Important?
Taking proactive steps to clean your drains can help to save you money in the long run, as plumbing services can be more expensive if the issue is ignored and gets more severe.
- Avoid clogging. Shrinking the number of obstructions in your drainage pipes helps it to run more efficiently and effectively. Decreasing the number of blocks allows the system to flow more freely, leading to smoother operations.
Clogs in your shower or sink can be a nuisance, but you can easily clean them off with a store-bought drain cleaner. However, when the clog is stubborn and won’t move, you might need professional help immediately.
If the build-up is unchecked, it can lead to a toilet overflowing or even more severe damage, like sewer line leakage or bursting. These issues can cause a huge mess and be quite expensive to fix.
- No foul odors. Cleaning your pipes eliminates unpleasant odors in a given environment. You may also ensure proper ventilation, air filtration, and air freshening. The goal is to maintain a breathable quality of air in areas of your house, like the kitchen and bathroom. If there’s a bad smell coming from the drains, it can be because of a clog. It is essential to clean your drain regularly To prevent the odors from coming up the pipes and into your home.
- Maintain cleanliness. A clean home is a comfortable home. Regularly cleaning and organizing your home can create a space that feels and looks inviting.
The water in your sewer lines contains a lot of germs, insects, and other unknown materials. If your drains become blocked and overflow, all of this can escape into your home, which could be a significant health hazard.
You must get your drainage regularly cleaned so that the bacteria and other substances in your sewage pipes don’t have a chance to enter your house.
- Avoid expenses. Having your drains cleaned is an excellent opportunity to have a professional check your sewer lines for minor clogs or damage.
Over time, tree roots can corrode, crack, or infiltrate your pipes. By having a technician inspect your pipes, you can identify any issues before they become more severe and expensive.
Routine prevention extends the lifetime of your pipes, therefore, saving you time, money, and effort.
- Avoid hazards. If your property has standing water, it could signify a clogged drain. Dirty water can cause various issues, from soil erosion, foul smell, and slippery surfaces to mold growth, insects, and decaying plants. It is vital to address the blocked drain as soon as possible, as this can prevent further damage to your property, the environment, and health.
When to Clean Your Drains
The best time to clean drains is when you first notice signs of clogs, slow draining, or unsettling stench. Cleaning them at regular intervals will prevent complete clogs or blockages from occurring in your pipes and a range of other issues.
In addition, picking up debris that might clog the drains immediately is a simple yet effective way to keep your drainage clear.
For a more proactive approach, some homeowners opt to have their drains cleaned at least once a year or more often if needed.
Regular cleaning of drains at home is essential to prevent a clog and maintain a working plumbing system. Keeping your drainage pipes clean and clear of debris and other materials is vital, as this can help avoid smells, hazards, and costly plumbing repairs down the line.
Let the professionals do it for you! Get in touch with Professor Plumb, a fully licensed, insured, and veteran-run plumbing company offering drain cleaning in Shelby County, AL. Get a quote today.